Thursday, November 4, 2010

I don't speak French, but I do speak the truth!

First of all.....I don't speak one word of French but I have a friend on Facebook who is French, Najiba Nina, and she post on her wall in French and I always am interested in what she says because it is an adventure and mystery. She currently lives in Strasbourg, Switzerland.

Do you remember the movie "The Christmas Story"? The premise of the movie is Ralphy's forever quest for the ultimate gift, the much coveted Red Rider BB Gun and the famous line, “You’ll shoot your eye out!” Whenever I see Najiba's wall post I get a little excited because it HAS to be "decoded". In one scene, Ralphy gets his Orphan Annie Ovaltine Decoder in the mail and he anxiously listens to the radio broadcast to hear the code come over the airwaves. Once he has the code scribbled down on his paper, he scampers off to the bathroom with wild eyes of intensity. He decoded the message, thinking that it was urgent to the survival of all mankind, but it turns out to be just an advertisement for Ovaltine. Astonishment and unbelief veil his face as he reads with disappointment the encrypted message over and over a couple of times; “besuretodrinkyourovaltine”. He then drops his pencil in disgust, cusses then leaves the bathroom where his brother is standing there in a bunny costume banging on the door because he had to go potty. Funny………movie!! Classic. That’s why they devote one channel on television to it for the whole day on Christmas Day.

That would describe my excitement when I see her post except they never leave me disappointed. Before you get any bright ideas of me scampering off to the bathroom and yelling at my kids and wife to stay out while I decode her messages; it doesn’t go down like that, but the excitement is totally there. To decode her message, I simply, copy the text and paste into an online translator. I use Bing Translator. Below is what she post and if you can read it in French, kudos to you, but if not, copy and paste into the translator. It is fun as you will see. http://www.microsofttranslator.com/

Les Pharisiens apprennent que Jésus a fermé la bouche aux Sadducéens. Alors l'un deux, maître de la loi, veut lui tendre un piège: "Maître, dans la loi, quel est le commandement le plus important?". Jésus répond:"Aimer le Seigneur Ton Dieu de tout ton coeur, de toute ton âme et de toute ton intelligence. Voici un autre... semblable: "Aimer ton prochain comme toi-même. Toute la Loi de Moïse et des Prophètes en dépendent"

This passage of scripture is from Matthew 22: 34-40. She also added her thoughts on the passage, which were very good. When you translate the text the translator doesn’t always give you exact meaning, but you can piece it together. Enjoy the adventure. She is spot on!!

Conclusion? On ne peut pas accomplir la Volonté de Dieu si on est pas dans l'Amour. Si c'est une priorité pour Dieu, cela devrait l'être pour nous aussi, non? Donc d'abord chercher l'Amour pour que la Loi ait un sens, et non l'inverse. C'est pas l'Amour qui dépend de la Loi mais la Loi qui dépend de l'Amour. La Loi n'a jamais produit l'Amour...Certains aiment la Loi (religion) plus que Dieu Lui-même! Trop fort Jésus!

I thought I would share my comments about her post. No, I did not write it in French. She is very intellegent and can read and speak English. I have tried to write it in English then have it translated into French….just reversing the process, but from her comment it was not what I wanted to say. It think it said something like, “I want to cook your poodle.”, and “When I sleep at night, I sleep standing on my head and let out big farts!!” (Angela, don’t comment on this post. I know where you sleep at night.) OK……I don’t know how it translated out to her……. but it was enough for her to make a comment about needing a French teacher to work on my French skills! LOL! My thoughts are below about her post, in English.

Matthew 22:34-40. I was just looking at these verses 2 days ago and meditating on them. God always amazes me. It is an incredible thing when he is doing the same kind of work in someones heart completely on the other side of the planet. What I noticed about these verses is that we have to love God first before we can love others. We cannot love our neighbor at the fullest and deepest capacity unless we love God the way Jesus tells us too in this passage and love Him first. So many people get this mixed up and serve mankind but forget God, at least in America. It is usually the humanist approach to serve our neighbor but in the end forget God or at least do it in the name of God, the whole time thier hearts are deceived. This is such a deceptive scheme of the devil. Matthew 7: 21-23 says, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day MANY will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'" Wow!! That is a scary verse. I imagine there will be many who will say on that day that they did other things in Jesus' name like, feed the poor, help the homeless, go to church every Sunday, have parents who were Christians and ect...... We have to love Him first, and how do we do that? We first have to beleive in His Son, Jesus Christ, for the forgiveness of our sins (recognize how spiritually dead/poor you are.), repent of our sins and obey Him when He tells us to do His work that He had planned out for us to do before the foundations of the world. We don't have to make up things to do for Him. We simply have to ask Him to show us what He has for us to do as we delight in Him. Knowing and Loving Him is everything and I'm so grateful that He has made that clear to me. Praise God!! Amen

I hope you enjoyed the adventure and you find yourself in serious meditation and prayer about the motives and works of your lives. My hope and prayer is that as Christians we can all be sensative to His prompting, drawing, discipline, and correction. That is were we find intimacy with our Savior, Jesus. Let's get excited about God. He is worthy of our excitement, praise, glory and honor. “God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and TRUTH." -- John 4:24 God Bless! - David

1 comment:

  1. Hey David,
    You don't know me, but we have a common friend: Najiba. And we also are brothers in Christ -- our 2nd common thing ;)

    God bless you for all that you post and for the faith and trust and hope you put in Christ. I, too, was diagnosed early this year with a fatal disease (http://www.ledan09.com), but as I walk through the fire, I am learning to walk on water and to be thrown into my own den of lions. God is good, and God is love. I trust this and remember this daily.

    Your story inspires me to have hope in Him to live many years through His grace.

    God bless,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete