Blah, Blah..........Blog!? No way, it all seems so vain.

It does seem a little self absorbed to write about my life, my testimony and my disease on a blog. It's actually something I've been fighting for some time. I wanted to make sure it's the right thing to do. After considering all the comments I got from friends and family on FACEBOOK about keeping everyone up-to-date regarding my lung disease and pending transplant, it seemed appropriate now more than ever. Praise be to God and may many be encouraged from the testimony I share. I'm amazed to see God working through this situation. He so often takes the weak, sick and the poor to show his grace and mercy. It all seems a little backwards but I often stand reminded that his ways are not our ways. It's not vain if it is for His glory.

So here we go.........The title of this blog, "The Race Marked Out For Us.....", may be confusing to some of you and may be a comfort to others. Let me explain. It came to me after asking Angela, my wife, what she thought I should title it. I'd like to say I saw some lightning from the sky or some loud voice from beyond, but that wasn't the case. That seems a little easier to explain than the small still voice that often motives us. Nope! No loud noises here. Just a shrug of Angela shoulders and a muffled-"I don't know"- as she stared into her computer screen mesmerized by toys. She sells toys for a hobby. A serious hobby that pays the bills, by the way. So that left me to my thoughts, as scary as that may be. I once heard that the first thing that comes to your mind is what you should hang your hat on, so to speak. So that is what I did. I took my hat off and scratched my head then put it back on after uttering to my wife, "Isn't there a verse about how our life is comparable to running a race?" Again, somewhere from the general vicinity of where she was sitting I heard  a, "Yeah." So I rushed off to get my Bible, only to find out that the very page I opened up to had the suspect verse I was looking for on it. Hmm? (Yes, this is a blog about the supernatural God who set the planets in orbit and can even, believe it or not, make a page in a book fall where he wants it to. LOL!!) It's from one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, Hebrews 12, verse 1. "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,". The reason this is so profound to me is because the Lord has used it several times to remind me that he has a plan and a purpose for all this suffering caused by my Cystic Fibrosis. Especially when my heart is heavy and my face is downcast from all of the suffering. There are other verses but this one is the one that says it best for me. I will exlpain some of the other verses as I share my testimony in the blogs to come.

This blog is about the race God has marked out for us and we want to share it with you that you might have your faith in God increased. This is a blog about comfort and encouragement that God has given us as well as the testimony about His grace in our lives in regard to my CF and possible future Lung Transplant.

What is your responsibility after reading my post? Woo!?! Responsibility? Yep!! I need you to pray about the things you see here and ask God to make it clear to you that I'm telling the truth -in light of scripture (the Bible). If I'm not, please notify me, in a discrete way and I will either explain myself or change after you explain your thoughts. I will publicly, on my blog, make right my wrong. The last thing I want to do is sow bad seed in the mind of the readers. Another thing is that you need to share this with others. Either by word of mouth or point them to this blog. Especially, those who are suffering from some kind of hardship, disease, diagnosis, handicap, disability or trial because these things I post may very well help them.

Thank you all for your encouragement, support and prayers. I have a doctor appointment on August 3, 2010. It's my Post-Transplant Orientation and a meeting with a pulmonologist.  It is a long day ahead. I will blog about both last weeks appointments and this weeks soon.  FOR HIS GLORY- David.

Comments

  1. David,

    Thanks for doing this...for putting such personal parts of your life out in such a public forum for the world to see. That takes strength, and I know that God has given you a strength to be in awe of. Stay strong brother. Keep doing what you do, because so many are encouraged by and through you. Praise be to God brother! - Jason M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Just found this blog. I think it is fantabulous.(MY WORD) will be thinking of you as we are able to follow along and not be there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts