Waiting rooms.....we've all been in one...some of us have spent ALOT of time in one. You sign in and they tell you to wait until we call your name. WAIT.....that's really not a fun word. WAIT....usually means, I'm going to be sitting here for awhile. What do I do? In the year of 2020, most people are on their phones, some people talk to each other, some look at the boring, germ filled magazines sitting on the tables, some just stare into space, some watch the muted TV, some read a good book, and some sleep. Everyone has their own method of waiting or should I say how to handle the waiting. I don't believe waiting is anyone's idea of a good time. Most of us just want to get in and get the news and get out as fast as we can.

Well....that's NOT how our God works. A waiting room to God is a room that you may be spending ALOT of time sitting in. This sitting is not a passive action...it should be a FAITH in action. If I just sit in the waiting room passively waiting on God to call my name and give me the news, I will be missing everything He has for me while I wait. I will be absolutely miserable. I will be fearful, anxious, full of doubt, depressed, hopeless, and I might even possibly just leave the room....because I'm tired...tired of waiting.

When I look at the WORD, God says that when I wait on Him..I'm going to get strength, I'm going to RUN!! Do you know how much I want to RUN?!?!!? God says that I won't get tired...I will walk and NOT grow weary. Now that's a word I am all to familiar with...weary. Today, I was weary. Weary of the bone pain, weary of the lack of energy, and weary of not sleeping well. There is NO way that in my own flesh that I could have done this day without Jesus.

Today was one of those days where I wanted God to call my name, to say it's your turn,,,,I've got news for you. To tell me how it's all going to work out. TO give me the answers. As I read my Word and prayed, God met me and gave me the comfort to continue on. To continue to WAIT upon Him. To trust Him in this waiting room. He is blessing me in the waiting room and I'm actively seeking HIM with everything I have. I NEED HIM!! I NEED MORE of HIM!!

Today, if you are waiting for that answer, for that healing, for that forgiveness, for that reconciliation...don't stop. God knows, His promise is that when you wait on Him, you will be even stronger than you were yesterday or even a year ago. Don't be passively waiting for God, actively pursue everything He has for you in the waiting room!! He will bless you as you seek to know HIM!

Those who wait upon the Lord, gain new their strength; they will mount up with wings as eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and NOT grow weary. Isaiah 40:31

Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and WAIT for the Lord. Ps. 27:14




Comments

Popular Posts