Are you prepared for storms?



Jesus tells us in John 16:33 that in this world we will have trouble [tribulation, distress, and suffering], but be courageous [take heart!!] He has overcome this world and ALL its troubles. Jesus tells us this because I believe He wants us to prepare, prepare for the storms. People have flood insurance, fire insurance, earthquake insurance.....you name it, I'm sure there's insurance for it. We have this insurance so we have ALL our stuff covered! 

The Bible promises storms, so why do we sit back and not prepare for them?  Why are we so surprised when they come? I've asked myself those questions many times over the last eight months. I believe that we can prepare for those storms....they are going to come and just like insurance - we must have spiritual assurance (spiritual coverage) that God promises to be with us in the storms., the valleys, the hardships and in the battles we face.

Our "insurance" for the storms can only be found in one thing....Jesus. He is our foundation that we must build our life on to navigate these storms, so we don't loose heart and be overcome by them. Memorize scripture, KNOW God's word!! I cannot tell you how many times God has reminded me of His word as I lay in bed, lay in a hospital, sit and get chemo, or just living my daily life. His word brings me HOPE and PEACE! Being in a true relationship with Jesus,,,,knowing He is your Father and you are His child gives HOPE in the storm.  

My hope for you is to prepare for the storms that life will bring. Start now, knowing God's Word, read it, memorize it, study it. KNOW Jesus...spend time with Him, build your life around Him. This world won't prepare you for the hard stuff. No medicine, no pill, no drink, nothing will give you the "insurance"....that Jesus will give you. DIG deep into the things of God and I promise you, when the storms come, you will be prepared, you will walk in HOPE and PEACE! 

Walking through a storm with Jesus.....Angela 



Comments

Popular Posts