Welcoming 2020 - Prayer is the Word!

Hey this is Angela!!



A new year is now upon us......welcome 2020! As we said good-bye to 2019, it's a year that has mixed emotions. It's a year that I never want to re-live, but also a year that I'm so glad I lived through. God has taught me SO much. The MUCH is the part I don't ever want to loose or be ungrateful for. I'm still here, living, fighting, growing, learning, trusting, and worshiping.....only because of Jesus! He continues to be my Healer, my Sustainer, my Way maker, my Promise keeper....and my Miracle worker. Thank you Jesus!!

As 2020 starts, God has laid on my heart the word PRAYER. This is my word for 2020. Today I woke up with some fear and doubt. We are facing some big things in the next few weeks. I immediately grabbed my coffee, my journal, and my Bible and started praying. I asked God to speak to me, to take away my fear and doubt. I opened my Bible to Acts 12 and started reading about Peter. Here is what God spoke to me:

Verse 5 "So Peter was kept in prison, but fervent and persistent prayer for him was being made to God by the church."

Verse 7 "Suddenly, and angel of the Lord appeared [beside him] and a light shone in the cell. The angel struck Peter's side and awakened him, saying, "Get up quickly!" And the chains fell off his hands. The angel said to him, "Prepare yourself and strap on your sandals [to get ready for whatever may happen]." And he did so. Then the angel told him, "Put on your robe and follow me."

Verse 12 "When he realized what had happened, he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, who was also called Mark, where the many [believers] were gathered together and were praying continually [and had been praying all night]."

> Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying for him.
>an angel appeared in the cell-told Peter to get up and the chains fell off his wrist
> FERVENT and PERSISTENT prayer for Peter was being made to God by the church

>Peter's chains fell off- the angel said put on your sandals and get ready for whatever may happen
>All those believers had been praying ALL night!!!

WOW!!!!! Prayer...it's the most important thing we can do when we are in battle. Prayer broke off the chains. It was intense prayer, fervent prayer, earnest prayer, constant prayer, strenuous prayer,  and active prayer. The church (believers) were praying all night for Peter. While they were praying, God was moving...breaking strongholds, making a way in the midst of the impossible locked prison cell.
Thank you Jesus!!! I know that God can break these chains off and I know that God can do the impossible, but it must begin on our knees.

Friends, we need those fervent prayers more than ever! On Saturday we leave for our trip to Cleveland. We can no longer fly due to Dave's health. It's too much of a risk. We are now driving with my mom and dad as chaperones. Our testing for Dave's re-transplant starts on Monday and ends on Wednesday. We have no idea what will happen, what the doctors will say, what the outcome will be....but we know that God is moving!

As we put on our "sandals" to get ready for whatever happens.....we're asking God for great and mighty things - to do the impossible things. I believe we must be specific. So I'm asking that you join us as we battle on our knees. Join our WAR room as we fight!

Pray:
>perfect driving weather
>no car problems
>peace
>favor with doctors and nurses
>both Dave and I stay healthy and strong as we are in Cleveland
>our boys will do well as we are away
>God will give us NEW lungs...complete healing
>Boldly proclaim His goodness to everyone we meet
>God's continued provision


We KNOW that God has opened this door and by FAITH we are walking through it.

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." 

We continue to place our HOPE in Jesus! We love you and thank God for all your prayers. May your faith continue to increase as you see the hand of God at work.
Trusting JESUS...moment by moment!

Comments

Popular Posts